Friday night my sister came to watch Brodie so Bill and I could go out on a real date, just the two of us. I don't remember the last time we went out when it wasn't with a group (probably before Brodie was born). We went to have dinner at Houlihan's, one of our favorite places. The food was great as usual. I had a hard time finding things to talk about which didn't center around Brodie. After dinner we went to a movie, Slumdog Millionaire. It was a good movie, but I think I was expecting too much since it won so many awards and most people I talked to really talked it up. Our date was a much needed wonderful night out.
Saturday night was the annual awards dinner for Bill's work. I left in the late morning to take Brodie to my mom and dad's so he could spend the night. (I know, we had two weekend nights to ourselves. Believe me it never happens.) After I dropped Brodie off I did a little shopping at the Legends. Brodie's shoes seemed to be getting a little tight so I went to stride rite to get him a new pair. Luck for me there were some great sales going on. Osh Kosh had jeans on sale too so I picked up a couple of 2T pairs for Brodie next fall/winter. I'm just hoping he won't be too tall for them by then. I was so excited to get to dress up for the evening. I wore a cute little black strapless dress that I felt just amazing in. Again, it's been a long time since I've felt this good (before Brodie) so I took advantage it. Dinner was wonderful, they always serve prime rib and for dessert they have this amazing chocolate deccadence that is to die for. I only get this dinner once a year so I definately like to enjoy it. Bill received his 5 years of service pin. Brodie and I are so proud of him, especially since he still seems so happy at his job. I've got a few pictures from this weekend so enjoy. (there of Brodie since I forgot my camera for the dinner Sat.)
Saturday night was the annual awards dinner for Bill's work. I left in the late morning to take Brodie to my mom and dad's so he could spend the night. (I know, we had two weekend nights to ourselves. Believe me it never happens.) After I dropped Brodie off I did a little shopping at the Legends. Brodie's shoes seemed to be getting a little tight so I went to stride rite to get him a new pair. Luck for me there were some great sales going on. Osh Kosh had jeans on sale too so I picked up a couple of 2T pairs for Brodie next fall/winter. I'm just hoping he won't be too tall for them by then. I was so excited to get to dress up for the evening. I wore a cute little black strapless dress that I felt just amazing in. Again, it's been a long time since I've felt this good (before Brodie) so I took advantage it. Dinner was wonderful, they always serve prime rib and for dessert they have this amazing chocolate deccadence that is to die for. I only get this dinner once a year so I definately like to enjoy it. Bill received his 5 years of service pin. Brodie and I are so proud of him, especially since he still seems so happy at his job. I've got a few pictures from this weekend so enjoy. (there of Brodie since I forgot my camera for the dinner Sat.)
Making faces w/ Daddy
Showing my chewed food. Daddy teaches me some
very bad habits.
Rolling on the ground.
Snuggling w/ Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment