This weekend I took a trip to Chicago for my friend Diana's bachelorette party. We had such an amazing time. The first night we stayed in her neighborhood of Logan Square and went to Small Bar, a local watering hole. They had so many beers to choose from and great food. Diana's sister Carolyn and two more college friends, Erin and Katy, were there too. I haven't seen these friends in a very long time so I was excited to get a chance to catch up.
We spent most of the day Saturday walking around downtown Chicago and shopping. I was able to see the famous silver bean and lake Michigan. Unfortunately it was very crowded as the city was celebrating St. Patrick's Day. There was a parade and the dying of the Chicago river green, all of which we did not see. Everywhere we went we saw extremely drunk people having a great time.
Saturday evening we went to Sara's(one of Diana's friends) sister's place for appetizers, wine and gift openning. We played a game where everyone brought a pair of underwear and Diana had to guess who gave them to her. If she was wrong she had to do a dare. Well, she actually did pretty good and got about 40% of them right. Next we left for our reservations at the Kit Kat Lounge. This is a place where men dressed as women give lip singing performances. Talk about a great time! I had so much fun. We all got up and danced w/ the performers, it was very entertaining. I hope to be able to go back again sometime. We finished the night at another bar I can't remember the name of. It's great having a bachelorette with you b/c you don't have to stand in any lines. After a lot more dancing we closed the bar down and headed home. I'm so greatful to have had a chance to catch up with everyone and I can't wait until the wedding in a few weeks.
Small Bar
No comments:
Post a Comment