We've had so much going on the past couple of weeks. Bill's dad was in town from Florida so he was staying with us off and on. Before he left we decided to have a big shrimp boil at our house. Of course that meant that we finally had to get it together and pour the patio that we wanted in our back yard. We had been talking about expanding our entertaining area, but we had never actually started the project. The shrimp boil gave us a deadline so we became much more motivated. Bill did some of the work himself and then we had my cousin come an pour the concrete, giving it the color and stamped design. I was away in Washington DC for work while most of this was going on, which was probably a good thing. I tend to stress out with so much work to do. I have to say I was very pleased with the results when I got home. The patio is absolutely gorgeous. I still have some landscaping that I want to do around the edge of it, but that will come with time. Brodie had a good time helping Dad as you can see in the pictures. We can't wait to have another get together!
Brodie and the boys having fun with the Bobcat
Pre-concrete
The final look

I really like the patio, Bethany! It looks awesome! :) I think it might be motivating me...
ReplyDelete