Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Boy, this last weekend was a hot one! It feels so good to get back into a routine. Bill went to the Royals game friday night so Brodie and I were able to spend some quality time together. He was just getting over some kind of illness (who knows what he picked up) so it was exciting to have my baby boy back to normal. Saturday I spent a good portion of the day running some errands. My sister and her fiance came to our house in the evening and we all decided to take Brodie to the T-Rex restraunt (see pics). I know he was probably a little too young to fully appreciate it all, but he sure loved to see all of the big fish in the fish tanks. He loves Finding Nemo so the fish provided great entertainment along with all of the dinosaur noises. The food was pretty good and they had such great choices for Brodie. I can't wait to take him back again. Once got home and Brodie was in bed, us adults had a great time playing Trivial Pursuit and Battle of the Sexes.

Unfortunately, Bill had to work on father's day so Brodie and I went to my Aunt and Uncle's lake house. All of my extended family was there. Although it was hot it was so much fun visiting, swimming and just hanging out. Brodie even got in the lake with his Uncle Matt for a very short period of time. I found that he likes baths and his kiddy pool, but not the larger amounts of water. I wish I had some pictures, but I was so busy chasing Brodie that I didn't get any. I'm going to have to get the rest of my family to send me theirs. Overall is was a great day and Brodie was so worn out he went straight to bed (after a bath of course) when we got home.

Finally, I've posted a video of one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Brodie has picked up on us saying Bye Y'all, however, when he says it it sounds like Bye Yo Yo. LOL!!!! I just love hearing him say this. Lately, he has been repeating a lot of what we say so I'm going to have to start being more careful in my choice of words.



No comments:

Post a Comment