Sunday, May 15, 2011

Carly Marie Stone has arrived!

Yes the day finally came. Via c-section Carly Marie Stone was born on March 11, 2011 at 9:23am. She weighed 8lbs 15oz and was 19" long. She had lots of beautiful dark hair and a great complexion. The day went pretty smoothly. We arrived at the hospital at 7am and they began prepping me (lots of fluids, blood pressure, fetal monitor, nasty acid neutralizer drink, etc.). Then they took me back to start the spinal block/epidural. I hate that they make Bill wait to come in until the epidural is done (especially since there was a minor complication during the placement, no big deal though). Then a short time later out she came screaming like a banshee. She definitely cries more than Brodie but of course we couldn't get it that easy the second time around. When Brodie came to see her I asked him if he knew who she was and he said "yes, baby sister Brooklyn." I had to giggle, we had been deciding b/tw a couple names and Brooklyn was one of them so I had to tell Brodie that we chose Carly. He didn't seem to mind. The hospital stay was great. I was up and moving early on the second day which I think helped with the fast healing. By the forth day though we were ready to go home. I'm taking 10 weeks of maternity leave which ends this Friday :( I thought I would be ready to go back to work, but honestly I would love to go part time or stay home. It's been such a wonderful break.

We are so lucky to have two of the most beautiful children in the world. I couldn't ask for more.










No comments:

Post a Comment