Sunday, August 9, 2009

Current Events

OK... So maybe not so current considering I haven't posted anything in several weeks. I'll try to catch everyone up the best I can. First, Bill decided Brodie was getting to old for his crib since he was trying to climb out of it so he took it apart and now Brodie is sleeping on his mattress on the floor. I thought we should wait, but when Bill gets an idea in his head it's best to just let him go. I'm hoping we will start looking for big boy furniture b/tw now and Christmas so he can be in his big boy room by his second birthday.




The other day I took a vacation from work and Brodie and I spent some quality time together. First, we went to Target to get some updated pictures and go figure he cried the whole time. The photographer was only able to take about seven pictures three of which were decent half smiles. Oh well....we'll take more soon and hopefully they will go better. Then we ran into Kohl's and did some shopping for Brodie's fall wardrobe. We got some amazing deals!!! While we were there though it wasn't all roses....Brodie decided to stand up in the front of the cart and as I was going to sit him down the cart was moved and he fell and smacked his head on one of the shelves. Needless to say I felt like the worst mom in the world. He has a huge knot with a black/blue bruise. I think he handled it a lot better than I did. After our shopping fiasco we went home for a nap and then to one of the parks in our area. Brodie and I were the only ones there so he had free range on the playground equipment. We had a wonderful time and I can't wait to have another great day together.



We went to the Legends with my sister so she could get some new work pants and Brodie got a chance to play in the water. This is one of the best things any shopping center can build!


The mohawk I tried to give Brodie after one of his baths.


Playing with little shakers at church (I know it's blurry)


I had the opportunity a couple weeks ago to watch a friends little girl, Abby, while mommy and daddy went to a movie. We had so much fun and it was a great way to see what it would be like with two children. We played around the house and then went for a walk in the red wagon. Brodie seemed a little possessive of his toys, but I'm sure it would get better as they spend more time together. I can't wait to have her over again!


Finally, Bill had his 15 year high school class reunion last month! Man he's getting old (haha). He had a great time catching up with several of his friends who don't live in the area anymore. It was a late night for us, but a much needed night away from our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment