Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, this amazing three day weekend is finally coming to a close. The weather was absolutely perfect and we tried to enjoy every minute of it by keeping ourselves busy. Saturday morning my handsome little man decided to wake me up just before 6am! I was really looking forward to sleeping in as I had just finished four days of core training for work and my body hadn't quite recovered, but Brodie was having none of that. Bill wasn't home from work yet so up I got. After breakfast Daddy got home and I decided it would be a good day to wash my car inside and out. Boy did it need it! I can't believe I let it get that disgusting. After that I ran to the Legends quickly to replace one of my favorite shirts that I had ruined. Don't ask. Once home I played with Brodie for a while before he took his afternoon nap. We were going to a bar-b-que at a co-workers that evening so I put together a little something to take along. A good friend of Bill's was without wife and kids for the evening so they were planning on having some quality guy bonding time while Brodie and I were gone.

The cookout was a lot of fun! Brodie took a while to warm up (he's been going through a phase where he only wants Mommy and Daddy) but when he did he had a great time playing. Our friends daughter Abigail was there too and Brodie was rocking her in her carseat and helping to entertain her. It was sooooo cute! We really need to get all of the kids together more often.

Sunday morning I finally got to sleep in until 8am! I got up and Brodie and I went to church. My sister and her fiance had been in Vegas and were getting back Sunday evening so they stopped by to visit. We grilled some steaks, shrimp and corn on the cob for dinner. I have to say it was one of the best meals we made in a while.

Monday morning we got up and got ready for another bar-b-que at noon at our friends house in Grain Valley. On the way we stopped at the gravesite of one of Bill's very good friends Matt. I'm so proud of him for going since I know it was very very very hard for him to do. We had a great time at the bar-b-que and Brodie got a chance to play with lots of kids close to his age.

There's our weekend in a nutshell. I believe I left my camera at our friend's house so I will have to post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment